This conference is intended to bring together RVCP members, external partners, civil societies, governmental & private institutions, local & international NGOs, researchers and other interested people to discussing Youth engagement in grassroots community development towards SDGs 2030. We approached all the universities in Rwanda and each university will send delegates. The decided estimated number of attendees and speakers: +300 attendees, both local and internationals.
To discuss and devise innovative approaches towards the inclusive participation of youth in steering
SDGs 2030 at the Village. The conference will bring on board all stakeholders involved in raising the
living standards of the underprivileged in the community.
- To understand the current sterning challenges facing the village community
- To discuss the new approaches towards solving pressing challenges
- To identify the existing mechanisms of solution orientation and the level of impact
- To foster partnerships in fulfilling the community living standards
Theme: “Youth engagement in grassroots community development towards SDGs 2030”
- Ecosystem based approaches in rural prosperity.
- Youth participation in village community health.
- Young women at the core of rural development.
Plenary sessions: during the first day of the conference stakeholders and international experts will
present their experience and policy developments. All participants will have a chance to discuss and
share experience and good practices. Working groups: on the second day the participants will have a
chance to discuss their ideas and plans for the development of joint study programs in detail.
Thorough discussions with presentations that are already done interventions will be presented. Wide
consultations on the development and delivery of joint efforts on specific programs that had been
conducted by different groups and organizations are expected to dominate the discussions in the
The participants will have the chance to learn and share good practice particularly youth initiatives both
at the local, national and international arena including social programs. It is expected that participants
discuss and identify problem areas at the village level and suggest possible solutions and improvements.
- Evidence-based solution to pressing challenges in the community
- Innovative volunteerism on community engagement
- Networking with partner groups, organizations as per SGDs goal 17
- New strategies on diversified harnessed potential of the youth on community development